Some of us have those things in our life that we are embarrassed to talk about, but those things please us. Here are five guilty pleasures of mine –
- Geocaching – Ever wanted to go on a real-life scavenger hunt for treasures? Well, you can do that with Geocaching. People hide containers with visitors logs inside of them. My favorite thus far has to be the night Geocache that you can only find in the dark in the hills close to my city. You get coordinates for your GPS if it is in the middle of nowhere. You can also download the app to your smartphone and explore areas with your cellular service! I would have to say that I have the most fun with my wife doing this with our dog in random areas.
- Olives – Olives have to be one of my all-time favorite food items. I can actually down a can of giant olives by myself as a snack. I love all sorts of olives from the green olives to black olives to the specialty olives sold at the store. Olives on my sub sandwich before I found out I had Celiac Disease, was one of my favorite experiences eating out. Olives also go well with salads and ice cream (don’t knock it till you try it).
- Lemon-Lime Soda – Okay, I know, soda is terrible for you. I like lemon-lime soda because it just tastes so refreshing to me! I used to drink 7-UP and Sprite as a kid and only now have been able to open my taste buds up to find out that both drinks taste different. You can feel the light serving of cherry flavoring in the 7-UP, which is why I think they have a red circle in their logo!
- Lying in Bed Listening To Music – I can spend hours listening to music while laying down. You can shut the world out by closing your eyes and listening to your favorite tunes. With cerebral palsy and depression, it is essential to be able to get some time away from your body. This method is how I meditate through the day’s struggles.
- Advocating – Advocating for myself is essential, as this blog is for people who are stuck in their heads, be it physically or mentally. I do love myself even with my physical and mental limitations. Standing up to bullies is one of my favorite things to do, and unfortunately, there are people out there with physical, psychological and even sexual disadvantages who get mocked for their very existence. For example, some transgender teens are told they can not go to the bathroom at their schools, or there are young adults threatened by their colleges for being suicidal. I will say this here; suicide does not equal homicide. Whoever thinks that should re-evaluate their thinking of self-harm.
I would like to thank you for reading my blog post for today. Please do share this blog with your friends and family who are experiencing similar problems in their lives.
– TomThank you for reading, please follow me on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter or subscribe to me on Youtube,
Latest posts by Tom (see all)
- (UPDATE: 10/22/17) My Massively Multiplayer Online Game History - Sunday, February 25th, 2018
- Update: More Tweets, - Saturday, February 24th, 2018
- Ethics of Restoring Lost Corners in The Public Land Surveying System - Saturday, February 24th, 2018